Cornerstone is our educational ministry for children from 2 years old through 4th grade held on Sunday mornings. 2-year-olds through fourth graders meet in Small Groups each week to learn about God’s love, read the Bible and discover it’s life application. Cornerstone meets on Sunday mornings from 10:05 to 10:55 a.m. We strive…
- to teach children that they can trust God no matter what
- to teach children that they need to make “wise” choices-as opposed to “right” choices
- to teach children that they should treat others the way they want to be treated.
Calendar at a Glance:
Dec 6 Pajama Day in Cornerstone! Wear your Jammies to church and bring a new pair for others!
Dec 11 Christmas Program Rehearsal in Worship Center from 6:30-8:00
Dec 13 Cornerstone hour used for Christmas Program Rehearsal,
All Because of Christmas! during the 11:00 Worship Service
Dec 20 & 27 No Cornerstone
Jan. 3 Cornerstone resumes
Cornerstone and YOU!
Cornerstone offers many opportunities to get to know others through serving and sharing your time. Our ministry for kids and their families couldn’t exist without many helping hands! Here are just some of the ways you can be a part of Cornerstone:
- Prayer Partners- Pray with the Cornerstone Shepherds before Cornerstone begins at 9:50 on Sunday morning. If you can’t pray with our Shepherds in person, please pray for them where you are!
- Large Group Team- Share only 20 minutes of your time on a Sunday morning to change the way kids see the Bible! Puppet plays, active storytelling, skits, and music… if you love any of these, this is the team for you!
- Admin Team- Helps with 1 or 2 others one Sunday each month with administrative duties during the Cornerstone hour.
- Toy Team- help to organize and wash the toys in our 2 year old room.
- Supply Team- helps prepare the supplies used in Cornerstone for future weeks’ lessons during the Cornerstone hour on Sunday morning. Works one or two Sundays each month, or during the week if that is easier.
- Take Down Team- helps put supplies away, take down tables and put chairs away in Activity Center one Sunday morning each month at 11:00.
Share a little of your time to make a BIG difference in the lives of the kids at RLC!
Contact Julie Hanson today for more details and be helping hands in Children’s Ministry at RLC! You don’t have to have a child in Cornerstone to lend a hand! Phone: 651-487-7752 or email email@example.com
Family Serve Sundays
Sunday, October 25th was our first Family Serve Sunday for this year. We invited not only Cornerstone, Luther League and RAW families, but all those interested to help us build dressers and assemble Bath and Kitchen Bundles for Bridging, a local organization that helps people get reestablished in a home by providing essentials needed.. RLC was a busy place all week long as Confirmation youth and leaders, 5th and 6th grade Lock In participants and on Sunday many RLC members and friends assembled 53 dressers to benefit the clients of Bridging. We were able to obtain these dressers with generous funding by our own Endowment Committee and a large donation from Thrivent. It is the goal of Bridging to be able to provide a dresser for each bedroom, and the work of our hands helped them toward this goal. A special thank you to Rich Straumann, RLC member who dedicated many hours to prepare the dressers for easier assembly and coached the 5th and 6th graders late into the night last Friday evening during the Lock In. Rich made sure the Dresser Build was a positive experience for each of those that helped assemble a dresser! In addition to the Dresser Build, many thanks to those who donated Kitchen and Bath items for the Kitchen and Bath Bundles that were also assembled last Sunday for Bridging. Wendy Erickson from Bridging was at RLC last Sunday to lend a hand, and was very impressed with the enthusiasm and generosity of RLC in both of these projects! Young and old were side by side doing God’s work!
Join us on January 31st when we assemble 1000 sandwiches for the homeless! Family Serve Sunday – Serving Sandwiches at 10:00 in the Activity Center.