Cornerstone is our educational ministry for children from 2 years old through 4th grade held on Sunday mornings. 2-year-olds through fourth graders meet in Small Groups each week to learn about God’s love, read the Bible and discover it’s life application. Cornerstone meets on Sunday mornings from 10:05 to 10:55 a.m. We strive…
- to teach children that they can trust God no matter what
- to teach children that they need to make “wise” choices-as opposed to “right” choices
- to teach children that they should treat others the way they want to be treated.
Register for Cornerstone Today!
You must register your child, even if they participated in Cornerstone in 2013-2014.
Cornerstone is for kids 2 years old through fourth grade. 2-year-olds must turn 2 before September 1. Kids in fifth and sixth grades this fall can be a part of Luther League! Find more information on Luther League under the Students tab.
Serve in Cornerstone!
As you relax and reflect this summer, please consider how you can use your time this fall in Children’s Ministry! Cornerstone is one area that is fun to get involved with, and we can always use extra hands! If you don’t want to lead a small group of kids, here are some other opportunities to consider:
- Be a part of the Admin Team once a month on Sundays from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Prayer Partners pray with Cornerstone Shepherds once each month at 9:45 – 9:50 a.m. before Cornerstone begins
- Large Group Team – Lead the kids once a month in the Activity Center to introduce the story of the day from 10 – 10:15 a.m.
- Take-Down Team is looking for helping hands each Sunday from 11:00 – 11:15 a.m. in the Activity Center
- Supply Teams gather supplies needed for Cornerstone lessons
- Wash Preschool Toys - take a bin of toys home and have a washing party on the patio!
- Small Group Substitute Leaders join one of the Cornerstone groups from time to time when the regular leader cannot be here
Lending a hand in Children’s Ministry is a great way to get to know other parents! Please pray about where God wants you to share your passion at RLC. If you want to get involved in an amazing ministry that impacts kids and their families, please contact Julie Hanson.
Family Serve Sundays
During the school year, we offer 4 different service opportunities for families to participate in during Cornerstone, Luther League and RAW on Sunday mornings. These are very meaningful mission events that help kids to learn to serve as Jesus instructs us to.
Our first Family Serve Sunday this year will be Sunday, October 26th – Serve One Another! We are using this first Family Serve Sunday to orchestrate a family mixer and work on a service project at the same time!
Roseville Lutheran Church is big, with many families from different neighborhoods and schools. Ever wish you knew people better? Wish you could greet that family that worships behind you by first name? We are organizing a fun way to get to know one another to make our church family a little closer by having families host a meal at their home for one other family! We want to mix families that are willing to host a dinner with a guest family. The host family makes the main dish, the guest family brings a side dish and dessert. We all have dust bunnies… you don’t have to clean the house so it shines… just open your door to the friendship that another family can bring!
In addition to explaining this mixer in more detail on October 26th, we will be making gift bags for seniors in nursing homes. A little something to brighten the day of someone that needs a smile! Join us on October 26th for fun and fellowship!
There will be no regular Cornerstone, Luther League or RAW on the Family Serve Sundays – parents are asked to attend these events with their kids. Families serving together, side by side… how much fun is that?