Cornerstone is our educational ministry for children from 2 years old through 4th grade held on Sunday mornings. 2-year-olds through fourth graders meet in Small Groups each week to learn about God’s love, read the Bible and discover it’s life application. Cornerstone meets on Sunday mornings from 10:05 to 10:55 a.m. We strive…
- to teach children that they can trust God no matter what
- to teach children that they need to make “wise” choices-as opposed to “right” choices
- to teach children that they should treat others the way they want to be treated.
Serve in Cornerstone!
As you relax and reflect this summer, please consider how you can use your time this fall in Children’s Ministry! Cornerstone is one area that is fun to get involved with, and we can always use extra hands! If you don’t want to lead a small group of kids, here are some other opportunities to consider:
- Be a part of the Admin Team once a month on Sundays from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Prayer Partners pray with Cornerstone Shepherds once each month at 9:45 – 9:50 a.m. before Cornerstone begins
- Large Group Team – Lead the kids once a month in the Activity Center to introduce the story of the day from 10 – 10:15 a.m.
- Take-Down Team is looking for helping hands each Sunday from 11:00 – 11:15 a.m. in the Activity Center
- Supply Teams gather supplies needed for Cornerstone lessons
- Wash Preschool Toys - take a bin of toys home and have a washing party on the patio!
- Small Group Substitute Leaders join one of the Cornerstone groups from time to time when the regular leader cannot be here
Lending a hand in Children’s Ministry is a great way to get to know other parents! Please pray about where God wants you to share your passion at RLC. If you want to get involved in an amazing ministry that impacts kids and their families, please contact Julie Hanson.
Family Serve Sundays
During the school year, we offer 4 different service opportunities for families to participate in during Cornerstone, Luther League and RAW on Sunday mornings. These are very meaningful mission events that help kids to learn to serve as Jesus instructs us to. Click here to learn more.
There will be no regular Cornerstone, Luther League or RAW on the Family Serve Sundays – parents are asked to attend these events with their kids. Families serving together, side by side… how much fun is that?