Click here to apply to be considered for the RLC Call Committee.
Below is more information about the committee, its scope, purposes, timeline, etc.
Roseville Lutheran Church
Call Committee Charter 2021
Purpose: To identify, interview and propose a candidate for call as Associate Pastor
The Call Committee represents RLC to prospective candidates, who are themselves interviewing RLC through the Call Committee. The process is 3-way: RLC, the candidate and the St. Paul Area Synod. The synod represents the ELCA in the process and has vested interest in securing the best possible candidate for RLC.
Roseville Lutheran Church Congregation
September - December 2021 (estimated)
1-1/2 hours in weekly or bi-weekly meetings (a combination of zoom and in-person).
- Seven voting members appointed by council, one of which is a member of the Congregational Council
- Two to three alternates to assist with the process, and to become a voting member should someone need to drop out
- The senior pastor who shall be ex officio
- A broad knowledge of RLC
- Team player, ability to form a strong interview team
- Represent RLC in the best possible way to inquiring candidates
- Willingness to commit the time to see the process through
- Work well with the Bishop and her staff
Updated Tasks and Timeline:
- Call Committee is approved at September council meeting (September 15)
- Call Committee meets with Bishop Lull for orientation to the Call Process Manual
- Set a timeline and plan of the committee’s work
- Train to become a well-functioning, informed team
- Complete the Ministry Site Profile and become familiar with it for interviews
- Plan the interview process and schedule
- Develop interview questions
- Receive and read profiles of candidates recommended by the synod
- Determine which candidates to interview
- Initial interviews over zoom
- Visit candidate churches to observe them functioning in their setting (if possible); and/or observe them on live-stream or pre-recorded services
- Conduct second or third interviews (preferably in person) to finalize selection of one candidate to present
- With the council, plan the congregation meeting at which to call the final candidate
- Represent the final candidate to the RLC congregation (possibly in January 2022)
- Regularly inform the congregation and council of the committee’s progress
- Assist the called pastor in making the best beginning in this congregation
- Support the called pastor in their initial year at RLC
Click here to apply.