Rebecoming a Community United by Grace
High demand jobs, social media, pandemic isolation, political polarization, packed schedules: the world is changing so fast it’s hard to keep up, let alone keep faith. RLC’s Church Council wants to know what you need to support you and your faith journey. If you’ve been at RLC for over 50 years or walked in our doors 5 minutes ago, if you are a family of one or ten, if Christ is your rock or you relate more to doubting Thomas: let’s dream together about how to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in a world that is ever-changing.
We Want to Hear from You
Please share your perspectives. Childcare and a meal or refreshments will be available.
Please click here to sign up so we know how many to plan for. You are invited to join us:
- Sunday, February 5th: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. (Spaghetti supper)
- Saturday, February 18th: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Bagels and coffee)
- Sunday, February 19th: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.. (Spaghetti supper)
- Re-activating people in their relationship with God / RLC and their faith
- Listening to the experience of others / learning from their experiences, needs and longings
- Asking how people find purpose and meaning in their faith and how RLC can nurture the faith life of its community.
- Format: Small group tables (3-4 people), and then exploration and conversation with large groups
4 key questions
- Share a time when you felt close to God. What was easy or hard about doing that?
- What are ways that you practice and connect with your faith? How many of those are individual and how many are in community?
- What are the practices that bring you into a closer relationship with God? With others? (Individual and group practices / rituals / get togethers)
- Relationship with RLC:
- What are some things that nurture your relationship with RLC?
- What are the things RLC is doing to help you sustain your faith?
- What are some areas that are missing that RLC could step into?
Please click here to sign up